ADVENTURE 3 OF THE GLOBAL SOJOURNER SERIES

Living & Studying in Antigua, Guatemala.

Books & Beaches

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Last Saturday our group headed to Monterrico, a black sand beach on the Pacific Coast of Guatemala. The pictures speak for the beauty of that beach. We basically lounged around (me with a book of course) and drank delicious licuados (smoothies).





On an unrelated note, my internship is really beginning to develop. I will be observing a women’s empowerment group and going on home visits in the upcoming weeks. My field instructor also gave me the project of going to as many NGOs and nonprofits in the area and learning about their services. This is an awesome opportunity to learn more about the social and human rights issues occurring in Guatemala today.


I have also made friends with travelers from Guatemala, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Australia, Canada, and Burundi. I love Antigua and all of the diverse people the city draws in!

Last but not least, I ordered a sub from Subway today like a champ (completely in Spanish).

Oh wait...today my Mom & Dad called me and played me the greatest message! I have been accepted at the University of Michigan for the Masters of Social Work program. Go Blue!

Until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment