ADVENTURE 3 OF THE GLOBAL SOJOURNER SERIES

Living & Studying in Antigua, Guatemala.

Explaining the Title & Subtitle

Thursday, September 27, 2012

So what’s up with this blog title and subtitle?

Blog Title: Katie & the Land of Eternal Spring 

Well, since I am so fond of fiction novels, like the Percy Jackson series, I wanted to give my blog a creative title that was intriguing and somewhat clandestine. Like many fiction books that have an edge of mystery, you often have to read the book in order to understand what the title means. Likewise, you will have to read my blog in order to understand what living in the Land of Eternal Spring is truly like. In short, I am attempting to grab your (the reader’s) attention.

Blog Subtitle: Adventure 3 of the Global Sojourner Series
The word “adventure” has always been essential in my vocabulary. I often use this particular word to describe my experiences outside of the United States. Also, a global sojourner is temporary resident in foreign culture or country. So…
2010 Colombia – Adventure 1 of the Global Sojourner Series
2012 Cambodia – Adventure 2 of the Global Sojourner Series
2013 Guatemala – Adventure 3 of the Global Sojourner Series

Me (in blue plaid) building relationship with these beautiful teenagers
in Bogotá, Colombia, July 2010.

Saying goodbye to orphans in Battambang, Cambodia,
January 2012. Her precious smile is unforgettable.
Have a question? Please ask me in the comment section of this blog post. Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment